Friday, February 12, 2010

The Olympics have officially started!

Get excited!















Nice little pic spam for ya.

The boys on the Olympics and on facing each other:

Seabrook: "Kaner has been running his mouth. It'll be interesting to see what happens when we play them."

"It's going to be a lot of pressure. I've heard the media up there say if Canada wins gold, they've just started to reach their potential. There's not going to be any shortage of pressure. We're just looking to get out there and get these Games started."

"It's not something that's going to come up ever again for me. To have an opportunity to play in that tournament, and play for Canada, it's a great honor, and I'm really looking forward to getting out there."

Kane: "In Canada, there's a lot of pressure on them. I think they can feed off that."

 "I know we play them the third game of the tournament. Hopefully we can get out to an early lead and get the crowd to work against them."

Keith: "I think every team has pressure on them. Everyone wants to put the pressure on us. It's funny that way, because Sweden is the defending champs. Do they have pressure to defend their gold? If Russia doesn't win, are they going to be disappointed with how much offensive skill they have? If they lose, what do they think?"

"It's fine people want to put some much pressure on Canada. But to me, it's a good thing we're back in Canada playing. Other teams have just as much pressure as we do."

"Obviously [the roster] looks good. But it's important we develop chemistry. It's important we play for one another and play as a team. I think the best team wins the tournament."

Quotes from Jon Greenberg and read the rest of the great article: Hawks on Team Canada carring more than maple leafs on their shoulders

He ended the article with this: "While I'm rooting for Team USA to pull an upset, there will be a part of me rooting for Canada, too. And in Chicago, I don't think I'm alone."  

Trust me you are definitely not alone.

Also, the Olympians won't be getting much sleep before their first game on Tuesday.


The New York Times had an article on Men's Hockey in the Olympics: 


I just thought this was cute:




No comments:

Post a Comment