Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Around the UC: Hawks in the media


The Hawks have officially announced that Campbell will be out for 7 to 8 weeks with a broken clavicle and rib fracture. The good news: he could possibly return for the playoffs and no surgery!

Statement: “Brian Campbell suffered a clavicle fracture and a rib fracture on Sunday. He will likely avoid surgery and we anticipate a full recovery. He should be ready to play in approximately seven to eight weeks."


"I am very sorry that Brian was injured and I hope he is able to return to his team soon. NHL hockey is a physical game. We all play hard every time we are on the ice and have battles each shift in every game we play so we can do our jobs and win. As players we must accept responsibility for our actions and I am no different but I did not intend to injure Brian and that is why I was disappointed with the NHL's decision yesterday. Every time I have the honor to play for my team, I will continue to do what I have done since I was taught to play. I will play hard, play with passion and play with respect for my teammates, opponents and fans. I look forward to returning to my team and doing everything I can to be the best player I can be."






-The Hawks will still visiting the Tonight Show. So far just as audience members but they did say look for a possible cameo appearance by one of them.


-"Sharp Attack" was on this morning on Eric and Kathy. Listen HERE (Always Hilarious!)

"Patrick Sharp said if Toews grows his hair out, he can hang with his Basset Hound, 'Shooter' for a day."
"Patrick Sharp says 'dressing room' and 'jersey, not 'locker room' and 'sweater' and Brent Seabrook is the best dancer on the team."


-Lalonde was assigned to the Rockford IceHogs and Nick Boynton was recalled.


-Practice Update: 
Boynton is skating with the team and wearing number 24. 
Hossa is also practicing with the team.
No Huet or Johnsson.

No comments:

Post a Comment