Monday, March 22, 2010

Around the UC

-First Jay Leno now TMZ. What's next Perez Hilton...

I

I don't even know what to say about this.

-Practice Update: Coach Q said Niemi will start in the net tomorrow. He also said Seabs is "Likely" to return but no Jonhnsson.
Seabrook: "I'm doing a lot better. I want to play, but it's going to be up to the coaching staff and trainers."
The Coyotes are now tied with the Hawks in first. Hopefully, that will all change by the end of tomorrow.
The Rockford IceHogs will be recognized at the game.


Ladd: "There's lots of time to turn it around, but it's just drilling in the message and making sure that every guy in here understands we need to do those little things to win. I don't know if everyone is kind of tuning it out, but we've got to find out."

Keith: "We've got to start making the right plays, get the puck in deep and not try to score all the time, every shift, and just play smart hockey. When you say defensively, it means checking well and being on the defensive side of the puck, having a good stick, doing all those little things, being smart with the puck, no blind passes."

Burish: "The last seven or eight games are the most important games of the year if you're going to make playoffs because that sets the tone of what you're going to do. If the playoffs were tomorrow, I wouldn't feel real good about where we're at right now."


Versteeg: "It's good to go through adversity. Every team has to do it. But we know we have to get out of it and start playing the way we can. I think you see the way we can play, but we've just got to do it and have no mental lapses like we have been.''


Kane: "He's been in the league 12 years. He obviously knows what to do in this league and what works. He's definitely a guy I learn from. When he's going, he always has the puck and really makes some good moves."

Hossa: "I know when I was a younger player if I liked something about some older players and what they do I tried to watch their games a little bit more and try to pick up something from their play. Patrick is a really good offensive player and he's got the ability — he's still so young — to be an even better defensive player. He seems to make a few backchecks in games and it kind of shows he's willing to learn and play defensively. If you want to learn, you learn."

Kane: "You watch Hossa a lot and he backchecks so hard and he plays two ways really hard and is great on the forecheck. That's one of the things I've kind of tried to pick up."

-A Blackhawks 6-DVD collection will be coming out tomorrow. 

  • 1991 NHL® All-Star Game starting lineups and anthems – 1/19/91
  • Tony Amonte – Game 3 Conference Quarter-Final vs. Toronto 4/23/94
  • Denis Savard – Game 4 Conference Final vs. Detroit Red Wings – 6/8/95
  • Final period of last game at Chicago Stadium and closing ceremony – 4/14/94
  • Denis Savard retirement ceremony – 3/19/98 
  • Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita Night – 3/7/08

-I will be Hockee Nights puck cast tonight! Hopefully, I won't embarrass myself too bad. I'll post a link to it later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment