Thursday, April 29, 2010

Around the UC:


-Mayor Daley's Conference Semifinals Wager:




Buff: "Wherever I'm going to get the ice time. Whatever they want me to do I'll go out there, and I'll do it."

Buff: "That's the way it is. We had a good time last year. It's a new year, and my job hasn't changed."

Buff: "It won’t be a big deal. I wasn't gone too long. It'll be easy." won’t be a big deal. I wasn't gone too long. It'll be easy."



Ladd: "I think the team goals and what we're trying to do in here trumps anything personal that goes on. On both parts, just looking forward to playing and doing what's best for the team."

Ladd: "It was what it was, I guess. It was funny, at times, I guess. But like I said, for me, what we're trying to do in here is a lot more important than that."



Kane recalls the day:

“I probably had the worst morning I could possibly have. I missed a meeting and saw an accident on the way home [from the morning skate-around]. You’re kind of shaken up, and then you come to the game and you get that feeling that something is going to happen.”

“I slept in. It was like a 9:30 meeting. I was supposed to wake up at 8:30. I usually wake up an hour before going to the rink.

”I probably hit the snooze button, and I must have dismissed it a few times and I remember waking up to my phone ringing off the hook at like 9:47. I got out of bed and rubbed my eyes and got right over there.”

“Sometimes you just don’t know how your day is going to go."



Niemi: "It's been a really long stretch. You have to save your energy a little bit for the games. We've had days off in the middle of the series (so) it's just a matter of keeping focused more on the games and in practices too."


-Redeye: Today's Paper:




Luongo: "He's going to be a big-body presence and I'm going to have to fight through it."

Luongo: "They've got a lot of weapons and can score a lot of different ways. They'll have guys around the net and they'll have some bodies out front. (Patrick) Kane and (Jonathan) Toews will be on the goal line or throwing pucks from the corner off me and trying to get rebounds."



Coach Q: ''We'll have the attention of last year's playoff -- the rivalry was definitely created then. I anticipate that being in place. The same old, same old, fighting each other for six games, fighting for positioning, fighting for wins, [and] fighting for loose pucks creates that animosity towards one another. It grows, and all of a sudden you see them next year and it's there.''

Kane: ''It all started last regular season when there was a big brawl at the end of the game. Every time we play each other it seems something interesting happens every game.''





-Videos from Thursdays Practice:

Ladd


Kane


Coach Q



-Not the about the Hawks but I thought this was a really cool story: Brooks Laich changes a tire after Game 7 (Great Read!)


No comments:

Post a Comment