Friday, April 2, 2010

Hawks win in shootout and April Fool's Day Reactions

Get ready for a somewhat slacking recap. Wasn't able to watch the game until the third period:

It wasn't looking good for the Hawks in the third. They were down by 1-0 with seconds left in the game but never ever count the Blackhawks out. With just 26 seconds left, Versteeg shoots and ties the game! Toews was standing in front of the net so it looked as if he had scored but no it was all Steeger. Eventually, the game went to a shootout and HAWKS WON 2-1! 

Versteeg wasn't the only one who came up big, Niemi was on his game once again. The Devils one goal was the only mess up in his flawless performance. 

It was also the first time since 2001 that neither team got a penalty. 

And the belt went to...Niemi. Who else?

Post-game videos: 

Versteeg



Toews



Coach Q



April Fools Day Reactions:

Sharp: “It was a little quiet. Guys did their own things but there were a couple things that happened. There are rumors that Marian Hossa’s room got attacked. I’m telling you this because I want to clear my name right away. Ask the big guy with the big number.” 

Buff: “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I went into NYC [New York City]. Hung in the Bronx a little bit. Met up with some buddies I grew up with and then took the train home.” 

Buff: “I did not know what train to take. I just jumped on and ended up getting on the wrong train. It took me only 10 minutes to figure it out.” 

Ladd: “We went in to New York City and did some expensive shopping and then went for dinner. It's always fun going into New York.” 

Ladd: “No Broadway show. We had Fras with us. He’s a Broadway show.” 

Sharp: “It’s funny. I lose my cell phone and no one has any information or knows the whereabouts or what happened to it. It’s funny how quickly it disappeared. I left it for maybe 30 seconds and the thing was gone. I have a feeling it just vibrated itself to the front desk or the lost and found. Hopefully I get it later but it doesn’t surprise me at all. "

Sharp: “I’m sure that [April Fools] had a lot to do with it and the fact that I’m the target had a lot to do with it. That’s alright. It’s a long season. I’ll find out. There will be payback. We’ll talk again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment