Friday, April 9, 2010

Preview: Hawks vs Avalanche and Around the UC

Blackhawks vs Avalanche
CSN+ and Versus
8:00 pm

-The fourth game between these two.
-Hawks lead the series with 2 wins.
-Every game in the series so far has gone to a shootout.
-It looks like Niemi will be in the goal tonight.
-Hossa is a game time decision.
-Hossa: "My whole [right] side through the neck kind of stiffened up. I finished the first period, but I just felt I wasn't myself and felt it was getting worse."
-Bickell will take his place if he doesn't play.
-Kopecky will be back in the line-up.
-Brouwer is still out for a "personal matter."

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!

Around the UC:


Versteeg: “Do I plan on giving this puppy [the belt] up? No way. That’s what this is about, congratulations on a good game. I want to keep it for the rest of the season.”

Versteeg: “[Brent Seabrook] came in wearing a Speedo. It was pretty creepy. I think Seabs paid like $500 for this."

Versteeg: “It’s cool, though. There were a few wrestlers I’ve looked up to through the years, so I’ll wear it proudly.”



"On Friday, the Wings take on the Blue Jackets while the Hawks are battling the Avs. Then the two rivals will face off in the regular-season finale Sunday afternoon at the United Center. The game will most certainly mean something for Detroit in terms of seeding while the Hawks could still lock up the top spot before the puck drops. If they win Friday and San Jose loses on Saturday, in regulation, to Phoenix, then the Hawks could do no worse than tie the Sharks in the standings. That means the Hawks are the top seed and Sunday’s game would not affect them in the standings."


-The Fourth Period: Hawks battling for greatness

"The league’s third-ranked offense and fifth-ranked defense are all playing well again, and the team has finally settled on a number one goalie. All four lines are scoring for the Blackhawks, and they have scorers on the blue line as well. They’re deep, young and fast, and could present headaches for anyone in the NHL in the postseason."



Versteeg: ''You have to go in ready to play anybody. It's going to be a tough first series, tough second series.''

Jelly: "It's a great opportunity to end up first in our conference. It's two great [final] games, and it's going to be fun to have the last game against Detroit.''

Coach Q on Soupy: ''He's been on the ice the last few days and he's feeling pretty good. That's encouraging.''

Kane on his 30th goal: “You want to get more than that, but if you look at it every year, I’m getting better and getting more goals. Last year, I probably would have had more, but injuries slowed me down. I’m feeling pretty good this year.”


No comments:

Post a Comment