Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Elimination Anniversary

No Kopecky for Warm-ups (scratched). On TV, they said he was injured. Not much info on that.
Brouwer in for the first time since game 2.
Salo ended up playing for the Canucks.
Canada stream announcer: "Two words for tonight's game: Testicle and Composure."


Intensity and fast paced were just some of the words to describe the first. Great early chances by the Hawks. Hossa missed a wide open net and Kane off the post. Lots of patience shown by Kane on the 3 0n 1. Sopel had an open net for the rebound on the Kane shot but Erhoff jumped in for the block. Not only did Lu come up big but Niemi was right behind him. Huge opportunities by both teams. Brouwer had a rough first, went to the box for a stupid (highsticking) penalty. I would say drop the Power from Brouwer Power but he brought the power later in the game. Niemi owned the Canucks pp when he went sprawling for a terrific save. Canucks started the chant "Balls of steel" for Salo. Still in the Van pp, Seabrook saved a Samuelsson goal with a nice play then went on with a big hit. The Hawks looked weak on puck control a few turnovers, one by Toews. Sharpy once again had a breakaway and once again was denied. Buff with a shot on Lu that was reviewed but no goal. The Green Men made an appearance while Brouwer was in the box, doing interesting things to a Blackhawks jersey. Beastly (clean) hit by Big Buff on Edler. He went to the locker room and never returned. That made only 5 D men left for the Canucks. End of the 1st, scoreless. Shots 13-12 Canucks.

Intermission: Patrick Kane interview. I enjoy watching him play but I'd rather not look at his face.


Brouwer put the power back in Brouwer Power by redeeming himself with the Hawks first goal. Also, a hell of a pass by Sharpy. Quickly after, Versteeg got one from a Bieksa turnover. 2-0 Hawks within 30 seconds. Vancouver had only one shot on goal in the first ten minutes of the second. Poor old Lu was down in the net when Ehroff hit him and he fell into the post. After Ehrhoff hit his own goalie, he was hit himself by Ladd. They were dropping like flies but they both ended up to be fine. For a crazy couple of mins the Canucks were all over the Hawks zone but no damage. The Canucks added one shot to their shots on goal to make a total of two. A not so happy Keith went to the box for slashing. Keith just made it to the box when Bolland got a shorty with a min left! The period ended with the Canucks just about to get one in but the horn blew.


53 seconds left on the penalty kill for the Keith penalty. Close one for Vancouver, Bieksa shot one off the crossbar. Brouwer lost a helmet and Toews got a puck to the chest on the bench. The douchbag O'Brien got the Canucks pity goal. Vancouver started somewhat panicking and put the pressure on the Hawks. Well, the Hawk brushed it off with two goals within 25 seconds. Kane got one from Toews to put the fourth one in and Big Buff got the fifth. Hawks also got their first powerplay of the game off a hooking penalty by Samuelsson. Canucks fans turned against each other late in the third with a brawl. As always, stay classy Vancouver.


Hawks take the series with a 5-1 win on the one year anniversary they eliminated the Canucks last year!

Post-game: Thanks to the Canada stream, I had the perfect ending to a perfect game: a Seabs, Toews, and Versteeg interview.

The Handshake line was beautiful, now on to the Sharks!

No comments:

Post a Comment