Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Around the UC:

-“It’s something you want to play for, for yourself one day, for your team. So I had no problem not touching it.”:

-“I watched all the games at home when we were out and tried to watch them when we were on the road for playoffs, but going down there and being part of the whole celebration and the aura of it was a pretty special thing.":

-"The NFL and professional baseball are covered to death in this country, and hockey is just cooler.":

-"It's very important and it's good for the League to get exposure, to be shown and for people to hear about it. It's a good thing and a smart thing to do. I think the NHL is doing a good job by having this right now.":

-"If we can provide these young kids one moment, one hour, one day of happiness because of what this cup can bring, that's great.":

-"When you win a championship, you fall in love with all the players that you had because it was a special group of players. But it was a special group of players and it was a special time, and to say that you can just put that group back on the ice together and that'll mean another championship, that doesn't always happen.":

-"From 9:15-9:45 a.m., the Stanley Cup will be displayed on center ice. At 10:00, the first Hawks practice of the year begins. Joel Quenneville will wear a microphone as he runs his Team A squad through drills. From 10:45 to noon, Team A and Team B will scrimmage. From 12:15 to 1:30, Team B and Team C will play. At 1:45 p.m., Quenneville will run Team C through drills. Festival Day is scheduled to end at 2:30 p.m.":

-"I don't remember it that well. I was numb, that's the only word I've used. I think just the combination of being dehydrated and hungry and tired, then you lift it and it's very light and the next day you lift it and it's extremely heavy. I don't remember the exact moment that well, I remember who handed it to me (Blackhawks strength and conditioning coach Paul Goodman), but I couldn't tell you who I gave it to. I was kind of like.....just a blur."

-Photos from the Rookie Tournament: here

-Blackhawks TV has been updated with videos from the Four Feathers golf outing, the Bears game, and McDonough visiting the hospital: here

No comments:

Post a Comment