Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Preseason: Game Four

Seabrook's looking good in that A. More photos here

Quick Notes from tonight's Blackhawks vs Penguins game:

-Hawks sent Jessiman back to Rockford and Rensfeldt back to Sweden.
-Brouwer, Bolland, Morin started, as well as Hammer and Campbell.
-Kane, Seabrook, and Campbell all wore an A.
-Dowell was in another fight. This time with Engelland, but no creepy heads popping through jerseys.
-Kyle Beach scored the only goal for the Hawks. He's been less than stellar this preseason.
-Alec Richards started in the net for the Hawks and Toivonen took over at the end of the game.
-Seabrook scored a goal for the Pens. He was obviously a little overexcited to start hockey again.
-Blackhawks lost -4-1.

Kane after today's loss:

Other news:

-The Blackhawks will have a private ceremony in Chicago tomorrow to receive their championship rings. Former players like Versteeg and Burish will be in attendance.

-Speaking of Kris Versteeg his name was spelled wrong on the Cup: "Kris Vertseeg."
However, they went back and fixed it. Don't worry about Versteeg though, he didn't mind: “It’s kind of funny. I may never be one of the biggest names in the game but now it’ll go down in history as one of the misspells on the Stanley Cup so I’ll take it." (source)

-Campbell isn't the only Hawks defenseman looking to improve their game, Seabrook's right there with him: "(Keith) could win (the Norris) for four or five years unless I take it from him." (watch out Duncs!)
More from Seabrook: "My play will speak for itself. I just want to do my part. Chicago is a great city; I love it here. I don't know if I'm in that role for (management) but I feel like I'm a core player."

-Check out photos of the Stanley Cup's trip from Montreal to Chicago: United flies the Stanley Cup to Chicago

-A great, quoteworthy article on the relationship between Toews and Kane from USA Today: Blackhawks cornerstones Toews, Kane contrast and click


-Another article from USA Today:


No comments:

Post a Comment