Friday, December 31, 2010

Around The UC: "I want to be a winner in Chicago"

-World Junior's Dylan Olsen signed a three year contract with the Blackhawks and will start in Rockford once the WJC is over. He was playing hockey for the University of Minnesota-Duluth. (source)

-For all you young hockey players out there, Foley and Eddie O were extended for three more years. Blackhawks TV caught up with the two happy humans, watch here.

-Niemi: “It feels funny. It’s been a long time. It felt funny [Wednesday] night driving in from O’Hare to downtown.”
Sun-Times: Return to UC leaves Niemi feeling 'funny'

-Seabrook: “I’m sure the guys will be on their best behavior. 'Please' and 'thank yous' and 'thank you ma'am' and that stuff.”
ESPNChicago: Moms head West with Hawks

-Niemi: “I’m not mad (about how it worked out). It didn’t go the way I would have thought. It went a pretty different way.”
NorthwestHerald: Niemi 'not mad' at Hawks

-Stalberg: "If I keep putting myself in those scoring areas the puck is going to bounce in sooner or later. It's how it goes sometimes. You're going to have some downs. Unfortunately, this slump has been a little longer than I wanted. You can't look into that too much."
ChicagoTribune: Stalberg knows ice time grows with consistency

-TheHeckler: Play the Duncan Keith Teeth game

-Turco: “I still feel good about my decision to come here. Whatever happens happens. It’s a long year. There is only one thing that matters to me — especially where I come from, what I’m made up of and where I want to be in my career — I want to be a winner in Chicago.”
Sun-Times: Turco needs a little help

-Brent Seabrook on Chicago Tribune Live, watch here (click Blackhawks on the side).

-"The Rockford IceHogs announced details for Chicago Blackhawks Day presented by the Rockford Register Star. The IceHogs will host Blackhawks Day on Monday, Jan. 17 at the Rockford MetroCentre when they take on the San Antonio Rampage at 3:05 p.m."
NHL.com: IceHogs to host Blackhawks Day on Mon., January 17

-Stalberg, Turco, and others visit LifeSource blood drive, watch here. (Blackhawks TV)

No comments:

Post a Comment