Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Around the UC:

-"In other injury news, Fernando Pisani (upper) is expected resume skating later this week and Marian Hossa (lower) by the end of the weekend." Sun-Times: Patrick Kane out up to three weeks with injury

-Turco:"Corey is playing and he deserves to. I have zero problem with it."
ESPNChicago: Corey Crawford to start vs. Stars

-Sharp: “The fact that fans are writing my name in is very special to me.”
TheChronicleJournal: Sharp season

-Toews: "We've found a way to play without some of our top players. Guys like Campbell and Hossa and I guess now we don't have a choice, we'll have to do it without Kane. It's about everyone else stepping up."
ChicagoTribune: Kane likely out weeks, not days

-"Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh, 319,809; Jonathan Toews, Chicago, 196,792; Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay, 191,265; Alex Ovechkin, Washington, 168,684; Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh, 159,119; Patrick Kane, Chicago, 152,859; Mike Richards, Philadelphia, 151,354; Michael Cammalleri, Montreal, 150,544; x-Claude Giroux, Philadelphia, 147,993; Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit, 138,204."

-Burish:"Sharpie (Patrick Sharp). I can't wait to get against him. I was looking forward to playing against Kaner (Patrik Kane, who is out with a lower body injury). I told him he must have the Burish flu, I think he's a little scared. He said, 'I wanted to play against you' and I said, 'You're easy to play against, I'd shut you down.' .... I'm looking forward to playing all the guys. I told Ducan [Keith] I am going to chase him down in the corner and give him the business a little bit. I am sure I won't shut up the whole game."
ESPNDallas: Adam Burish on facing Chicago

-"The wait for Marian Hossa, not a big fan of Marty Turco's, issues with Jordan Hendry, Jassen Cullimore and Nick Boynton, pining for Andrew Ladd and other semi-meaningful issues are addressed in this latest edition of Ask Chris."
ChicagoTribune: Chris Kuc's Blackhawks mailbag

-Coach Q: “Injuries are always something you have to deal with,” Quenneville said. “It’s never being a perfect season as far as health-wise.”
Sun-Times: Loss of Kane becomes Hawks' latest challenge

-Coach Q: "During Tuesday's practice, Skille skated at right wing on the top line with captain Jonathan Toews and left wing Viktor Stalberg. The second line consisted of Tomas Kopecky at left wing, Dowell at center and Sharp on the right. The third line stayed the same, with Dave Bolland centering Bickell on the left and Brouwer on the right."
NHL.com: Kane could miss at least 3 weeks with injury

-Sharp: "I could hear him coming in from the airport."
ESPNChicago: Burish, Hawks renew acquaintances

-Turco: "I didn't come to Chicago to be a part of the Blackhawks organization to beat the Dallas Stars. I came here to win and be part of a winning formula. People have to respect that and I certainly do."
ChicagoBreakingSports: Hawks' Turco: 'Zero problems' sitting vs. Stars

-Stalberg: ''Obviously, I'd like to get back in the goal-scoring column pretty soon. But it's not something I try to overthink too much. You just keep playing hard and keep getting chances. I'm sure they'll start going in for me pretty soon.''
Sun-Times: Beside the points: Stalberg isn't rattled by scoring drought

-NationalPost: 20 Questions: 'The Golden Jet' Bobby Hull

-Congrats to Morin and Leddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment