Sunday, January 30, 2011

All-Star Weekend Links

-Sharp: "They met some friends on the plane, rented a van and decided to drive. They drove from midnight to 8 a.m. from Newark to Raleigh just to be here. I better do something special this weekend.”
WinnipegFreePress: Sharp's parents go the extra mile to take in NHL all-star weekend in person

-HockeySyrup: Silence of the Toews

-Sharp: “Kane had a chance to grab me and he didn’t. I’ll make him pay on Sunday.”
ESPNChicago: Sharp a lonely man on Team Staal

-Sharp: “I shook his hand when I got picked. The only chance I have of getting drafted ahead of Jonny is a game like this. It was a big thrill for me.”
CSNChicago: Toews last Blackhawk chosen; Sharp separated

-ESPNChicago: Jesse Rogers/Patrick Sharp chat wrap

-PuckDaddy: Dustin Byfuglien on All-Star Draft, snarking Duncan Keith (video)

-Keith: "It's a real privilege to be here. You get to meet some guys you've never met and hang out with some of the other guys you know from other teams. I just want to enjoy it."
ChicagoTribune: Sharp relishing All-Star turn

-Toews: “It kind of sucks for him and for me. I don't really feel great about it. Everyone's calling me a crybaby now because they gave me a rematch. Maybe we'll have to do it again in Chicago and have a rubber match, best out of three. I was kind of disappointed. I didn't hear the whistle and I might have gotten two shots off before he had hit all four targets. I think I caught him offgaurd a little bit the second time.”
CSNChicago: 'Controversy' clouds Sharp vs. Toews shooting

-Kane: "No, it's all in good fun. A lot of us just enjoyed what we were doing out there. It's fun to show off your skills sometimes. Overall I thought it was a pretty successful night."
ChicagoBreakingSports: Good times roll for Blackhawks at skills event

-Kane: “Let’s go Canes, and my last name is Kane, so I kind of gave them a salute and thanked them for cheering me on against their home town boy,”
ESPNChicago: Toews makes the most of do-over

-Savard: “Sharp was never content to just be good. He wants to be a difference-maker night in, night out.”
Sun-Times: Hawks' Sharp goes from being overlooked to being an All-Star

-Kane: "Tazer doesn't win, so he complains. He gets another shot at it. I don't know. From what he said, he didn't hear the ref blow the whistle."
NHL.com: Daniel Sedin wins accuracy with 8-for-9

-Sharp: “It feels different this year. It has been a change. I didn’t think I was going to feel any changes. But once you get married, that’s for real. It’s made me a better player, and it’s nice to come home to her. We have a little family here with our dog, Shooter.”
Sun-Times: Dear Abby: Tell some secrets about Sharp

-Haviland: “I feel like [Patrick Sharp] and [Brent] Seabrook and [Jonathan] Toews are guys… you can get your point across to them and they can spread it through the room pretty quick. With Tazer there are a lot of things you don’t have to say, because he takes care of it pretty quick.”
ESPNChicago: Quenneville getting assist from Haviland

No comments:

Post a Comment