Sunday, March 6, 2011

EIGHT

See more photos from the game here.

The Blackhawks kept on going and winning last night. Hossa scored to open up the game and then Frolik got one in a few minutes later 2-0. The top line scored their guaranteed goal with a pass from Kane to Toews. The Leafs got on the board in the second, but the Blackhawks extended their lead 5-1 with goals by Stalberg and Bickell. The Leafs ended up getting two more in the third, but that's it. The Blackhawks and Crawford played another solid game and won their 8th straight.

Highlights:

Quotes:

Toews on Kane: “He made me eat my words tonight. I was giving it to him on the bench for not using me on the 5-on-3. I thought he had me down low. He basically told me to shut up and then fed me a nice pass so I had nothing to say to him for the rest of the game. Pretty nice play.” (source)

Toews: “There are some nights where we’re not playing our best hockey but we find ways to score. Tonight wasn’t one of our best nights as a line but the skill takes over when we work hard.” (source)

Coach Q: “All year long we’ve said we needed a roll. Right now we’re on it. Let’s try to sustain it." (source)

Stalberg: “I think it was pretty obvious. Kopy would probably like to have it but I’m not that nice of a guy. I don’t get too many of those. If I get one, I’ll take it.” (source)

Keith: "We know going into games we have an expectation to win and to get to the two points. It's showing in the way we start the games. We just have to work on our finishes." (source)

Toews: "We just remind ourselves it's more fun to win than to lose. Every point is huge. It doesn't matter if we're playing a conference team or against teams from the East. As good as a streak we're on, we don't really feel comfortable where we are. We have to keep climbing and keep pushing ourselves." (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment