Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Update:

I don't know if you wanna call it good news, but it's better news. Sharp is out for the time being, but hopefully will be back before the end of the season. Coach Q: "We hope to have him back before the end of the regular season. He feels better the last couple of days, so we'll see his progress over the next little bit." (source) Phew! Now back to your regular-scheduled breathing.

Soupy skated with the team today! He is a possibility for tomorrow night's game: "Overall, I felt pretty good. If I can play, I'll play. We'll see how it [Wednesday] morning and go from there." (source)

More from practice: Stalberg practiced on the top line with Toews and Kane. Stalberg: “I don’t think anyone expects me to replace Sharpie, but I’ll try to do everything I can. (Toews and Kane) are one of the best tandems in the league. Any time you get a chance to be on the ice with them you feel pretty fortunate.” (source)

Unfortunately, Bolland's news isn't as good as Campbell's and Sharp's. He's still suffering from a concussion. With Bolland out, Marcus Kruger will be joining the Blackhawks. I've heard nothing, but good things about him. He turned heads at Blackhawks camp during the summer and he's been playing for the Swedish Elite League. He's expected to be in the line-up tomorrow. Coach Q: "We saw him in camp and I've seen him play a few times and he's a kid who is a responsible player with good hockey sense and instincts. We'll see how it works out. It's an opportunity for us to assess him quickly and see if he can fit right in there." (source)

Practice Videos: Stalberg, Campbell, Toews on Sharp and "a playoff feel", and Hendry.

2 comments:

  1. Having followed Marcus Krüger the last couple of seasons I can tell you that he's a talented, mature and smart player. He reminds me of a Jonathan Toews without the real sniper ability. Great passer and you will definitely see and hear a lot of him in the near future. A great pick for the Hawks and I'm very excited to see him play in the Chicago jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been hearing a lot of good things about him. I'm excited to see more from him. I was impressed how well he played considering he just got off a plane from Sweden.

    ReplyDelete