Thursday, April 21, 2011

Around the UC:

-"I have something to tell you—you might not like it. I’m from Buffalo and I cheer for the Sabres. Do you know who else is from Buffalo? Kane. And you know what—we’re from Chicago and we cheer for the Blackhawks."
TimeOutChicagoKids:
Interview with Chicago Blackhawks kid reporter Joey

-Campoli: "It just speaks volumes about the class this year of quality rookies. As far as I'm concerned, Corey's done a great job and he's deserving. But it's tough because the other three (finalists), I think they all had 30-ish goals. That's something you don't see a lot with rookies, and there's respect for those guys. Doesn't take anything away from Crow's year."
ChicagoBreakingSports:
Calder snub no issue for Blackhawks goalie Crawford

-Bolland: “You never want to get in too quick with these things because you never know what’s going to happen. But I knew I was 100 per cent and tonight was my night to come back. You want to be symptom-free when you come back, that’s the main thing. You see guys take a little bump to the head, a little hit and they’re back out for another few weeks. That’s the worst thing to see. Around the league, we’ve got to stop these head hits.”
TheStar:
Bolland the hero as Blackhawks stave off elimination

-Toews: "[Seabrook has] been one our best defensemen all year. It's not easy and it's not fun to be missing a guy like that. But whether he's in or out, it doesn't' change our game plan. We adapt. Some guys play more or less. It doesn't matter. We'll be ready for whatever the situation is."
ChicagoSun-Times:
Brent Seabrook out for Game 5 against Canucks

-Canucks GM Gillis: "It's fine. We had fun. After it was all said and done, we were laughing about it. Nothing was going to happen there."
USAToday:
Canucks GM wants protection from Chicago fans

-Campbell: "For us, we need to and want to show what kind of team we are. We know we can play with this team. It's nice to prove it in one game, but we need to keep doing that."
ChicagoTribune:
Hawks find right formula to beat Canucks

-Sharp on Frolik: "He was flying all night. I didn't really notice it until I watched the game again (Tuesday) night, the speed that he had, he created a lot of those goals. Very underrated game from 'Froli.' He was awesome out there."
ChicagoBreakingSports:
Blackhawks find Frolik can thrive as wingman

-Campbell: "I don't know what they're thinking. They're still in control of the series right now. We're just trying to chip away and upset them. But we want this bad."
TorontoSun:
No reason for Canucks to panic ... yet

-Frolik: “It's amazing, so different than what it was in Florida. It’s my first playoff so I didn't know what to expect. It’s a great experience for me.”
CSNChicago:
Jokes aimed at Bolland; but is joke on Canucks?

-Hossa: “I’ve had some good chances but sometimes you make the play but cannot score. I think I’m in the scoring areas but I have to get there more often. I’ve had some good chances, but that’s not enough. I have to find a way to get involved in the scoring area and if I don’t get the puck I just have to take the puck to the net myself.”
DailyHerald:
Did Bieksa deserve an instigator penalty?

-Daniel on Bolland: “We have to realize he’s a really good offensive player, that’s his main strength, I think. We need to play him like we play [Jonathan] Toews or [the Patricks] Kane or Sharp and those guys.”
MontrealGazette:
One loss no big deal in a seven-game series, say Canucks

-Kane: “Anytime you’re rivals, you don’t want to go out 4-0 especially to a team like that. No matter who we’re playing we’re still in a 3-1 hole and we want to get it back to Chicago for Game 6.”
ChicagoSun-Times:
Hawks, Canucks talk up Game 5

-RunsOnDuncan:
Fluffy Like Seabrook's Hair: Happy Birthday, Brent Seabrook!

-NHL.com:
Between the Dots: Blackhawks' arrow pointing up

-NHL.com: New Desktop Wallpaper:
Click here

-BlackhawksTV:
Morning Skate: Coach Q
Morning Skate: Bolland
Morning Skate: Stalberg

No comments:

Post a Comment