Friday, April 29, 2011

Around the UC:

-"Canucks general manager Mike Gillis has been fined by the NHL for complaining about the officiating in Vancouver's first-round playoff series win over the Blackhawks."
ChicagoBreakingSports:
Canucks GM fined for complaints about officiating

-Toews: "It's just tiring to think about. It was a battle the whole way. Your fans expect you to make it all the way back and there's nothing tougher than that. You play 82 games and make the playoffs the last game of the year and you have to feel like there's some fate in that it might mean some bigger, better things. It's frustrating. It's going to be a long summer."
ChicagoTribune:
Hawks reflect on what might have been

-Kane: “It’s always nice to have someone that can fight and someone that’s a force on the ice that can also play. I think going forward that would be nice to have.”
DailyHerald:
More toughness? Hawks wouldn't mind

-ChicagoSun-Times:
Who will the Blackhawks keep? Who will go?

-Sharp: "I'd sign right now if you guys have a contract for me."
ChicagoTribune:
Re-signing Crawford top priority for Hawks

-Keith: “I didn’t feel worn out ever. When you don’t get the start that I wanted, it was frustrating, and sometimes I would let frustration get to me a little bit too much and it would affect my play. I think that more than anything stood out more than when people looked at it as though I was tired.”
ChicagoSun-Times:
No surprise injuries arise for Hawks

-PuckDaddy:
Eulogy: Remembering the 2010-11 Chicago Blackhawks

-Kane: "I think overall, next year, I just want to take the next step in my game and maybe become one of the top players in the League. To be honest with you, it was a really up-and-down season for the team's sake, for my sake and even in the playoffs, too. We kind of put ourselves in a hole and almost got ourselves out of it, but that's a tough one to dig back from."
FoxNews:
Hawks already looking toward new season

-Bowman on Crawford: "It's one thing to be given a chance to be the No. 1 goalie, but then take it and run with like he did. He's a guy we're going to focus on right out of the gate. Knowing he's there makes everybody on the team comfortable."
NBCSports:
Bowman: Re-signing Crawford top priority

-Kruger: "It's huge for me to come here and play and see how everything is. It's a bit different from back home. I take steps every day."
ChicagoTribune:
For Smith and Kruger, playoffs an invaluable experience

No comments:

Post a Comment