Sunday, April 24, 2011

Disney Produced: Hawks vs Canucks

Relive every glorious moment of the game in glorious photos. Do it. Click here!

The Blackhawks made it into the playoffs, because of another team (still love you, Wild). They went down 3-0 in the series (if you could even call it that). Then they gave us two amazing (understatement) games in a row. They made it a series. Then tonight happened.

I'm literally speechless from tonight's game. All I can do is breathe in short little puffs when I want to describe the game. So my recap is going to be short and sweet, because all I want to write is: ahglsajdglsakdjglaskgj. That's what happened in my mind during most of the game and is still happening (because it was fucking unbelievable). Plus, let's be honest words don't fully describe how amazing it was (well most of it anyway).

Three Periods in a Nutshell:
We all know (maybe you don't) Luongo did not start the game, so it was some good ole Corey vs Cory action. Going into the second, the Hawks and Canucks were tied 1-1. A Sedin scored, which brings me to my brother's quote: "I hate that Sedin more than that Sedin or I don't know maybe that's the same Sedin." I think we've all been there before. Anyway, Bickell tied the game after a gigantic hit by Bolland, which forced a turnover. Speaking of Bolland, because let's be honest we're always speaking about Bolland these days, he was still a BAMF in tonight's game. I don't use those letters loosely either. In the second, the Hawks were on a 5 on 3. This was the moment of do or die. You score or you lose, right? The Hawks didn't score, they should of, but they didn't and still won. It was the kind of 5 on 3 that wasn't the "edge of your seat" kind, but the "butt hovering mid air, ready to jump up in celebration and then end up falling back with ooooh" kind. Actually, the whole game was like that. It's way more intense then the "edge of your seat." At some point, the Canucks took the lead 2-1, but Bolland wasn't going to settle for that, because he's not the bitch. He tied the game 2-2. It's Bolly bitch. Such a nice ring to it. Next came Frolik's penalty shot/Don't bother making a "History will be made" commercial because I just made it. He had the first ever penalty shot goal of the playoffs in Blackhawks history. As if things couldn't get any better or anymore interesting, Luongo came out. No not that kind of coming out, he came out into the net. Fast forward to the last minute of the game. It was heart pounding. It was stuff that only could be described in a Disney produced sports movie, but it was real life. Don't worry they had their Disney movie ending, but what's a movie without the dramatic ending of overtime? It felt like a final Cup game.

The Torture:
I had no choice. I had to head back to the city during overtime. I had to listen to overtime in the car on the radio. Forget paper cuts between your fingers. Forget getting punched in the face repeatedly. Forget having to look at the Sedin's faces. Real torture is having to listen to one of the most important games of the year on the radio. Every time their voices went a little higher it was like a punch in the heart. Then just as the skyline, lit up red, was coming into the view. BEN SMITH SCORES rang through the car. UNBELIEVABLE. A list of every shocked word in the book. AHHHHHHHHH! Someone give Smith one of those five pound chocolate bunnies, because shit he deserves it. Also, Ben Smith's middle name is officially fucking. Ben Fucking Smith. BFS. Don't forget it.

Unreal. You know who's unreal? Corey Crawford. Damn, he came up big (as always).

I can't even imagine what game seven is going to be like. I literally won't be able to imagine since i'll probably be dead of a heart attack.

It all happens on Tuesday at 9pm.

Toews: “We have to feel like it’s meant to be. We have a great feeling in this locker room right now and that’s what you get when you win three games in a row. To steal the momentum from that team [after] going down 3-0 and fighting our way back into the series, anything can happen now.” (source)

3 comments:

  1. I agree, this game was crazy! I went with my family and I was nearly in tears the entire overtime, it was so intense. Lost my voice and it is so worth it haha, we are going to game 7!!!

    HERE COME THE HAWKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to Vancouver? That's awesome! Bring them luck! GO HAWKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i meant blackhawks are going, i wish though!!! Go Hawks :D

    ReplyDelete