Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Recap: Happy Feet


The Penguins had a case of Happy Feet tonight against the Hawks. They couldn't seem to keep their feet on the ice. And it wasn't for dancing.

Time for this week's "I think that's mean." (this isn't a weekly thing, I just thought it sounded nice) Scott completely destroyed Engelland. Engelland's helmet, also, felt the anger from the Scott's fist. What did the helmet ever do to you? The beating on Engelland was for good reason. Engelland laid a nasty hit on Kruger. Some might call it a "high" hit, but I like to call it a "head" hit. Kruger was out for the rest of the game, but Engelland was not. The fight against Scott had my mom saying "I think that's mean." Well you know what's actually "mean" a dirty hit.

Personally, I only like the Penguins when they're in Santa hats and handing out gifts to little kids. The dancing cartoon ones aren't too bad either.

The Pens were leading 2-0 when the Hawks got their first goal. It looked as if Stalberg had scored, which had everyone yelling "HE FINISHED! HE FINISHED!" Unfortunately, they couldn't finish their chant, because Stalberg didn't finish. Goal went to Toews.

God and Baby Jesus teamed up for their best combination, since Christmas. Hossa and Kane had an absolutely beautiful passing play with a goal by Stalberg to finish it out. HE FINISHED! HE FINISHED! HE FINI...oh...HE DID FINISH! I bet Kane learned those moves from playing the giant pinball machine in the Chevy commercial.

For the rest of the 3rd, Stalberg acted like a kid who went on a roller coaster for the first time and wanted to ride it again and again. But instead he scored and wanted to score again and again. He was all over the net, including the post, which he hit a couple of times.

The last few minutes of the game were the kind that made you feel like you played in the game after watching it. "Wooo, we need to go hit the showers and take a nap after that one." Instead I just finally got off the couch and changed the channel.

The late surge of energy wasn't enough for the Hawks. They fell to the Penguins 3-2. In other news, Hawks fans all over the Chicago land area are recovering from heart attack symptoms.

Notes:
-Seabrooks made a quick comeback from his hit last game. He's the Beast.
...I mean he's a beast!
-Question of the day: Am I the only person that sees Matt Cooke and every time pronounces it cookie in their head?
-It just wouldn't be a game on Versus if I didn't mention Pierre McGuire. He talked to Coach Q on the bench about Kruger: "I'm not sure." And I don't want to talk to you.
-Everyone else talking to Pierre during the game: "I don't want to talk to you."
-In today's translations by me:
Announcer: "Stalberg looks to the heavens as he skates off the ice."
Me: "Stalberg looks to Hossa as he skates off the ice."

No comments:

Post a Comment