Saturday, March 24, 2012

Around the UC:

-Keith: "I respect what they decided was fair, and I'll serve my time." (source) Keith and Sedin were playing Monopoly. Keith has to go directly to jail and can not pass go or play any games (not just Monopoly) until April 5th. Keith: "I think Brendan does a good job at what he does. I respect it. I’ll serve five games and I’ll be back and I’m looking forward to getting back." (source)

The best thing to come out of all this: Runs On Duncan's updated banner.

Keeping with the Keith theme:

-Hammer: “I’ve played with Seabs before. He’s a top defenseman in the league. It will be fun to play with him again."
ESPNChicago: Replacing Keith will be tough task

- O'Donnell: "You can't replace a guy like that. Everyone steps up. Sometimes other guys play more and in more situations they wouldn't normally play and they get more confidence. Sometimes for a short term these aren't bad things. I think you'll see the 'D' elevate their game to make up for the loss of Duncan. It's only five games so I think we'll be OK."
ChicagoTribune: Time for defense to show its mettle

-PuckDaddy: Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, weigh in on Keith's five-game elbowing ban

Go Johnny go was going today: He practiced with the team!

-Toews: “I feel like I’m getting back to that stage to where I’m progressing and getting closer to feeling the right way. I’m just staying positive, hoping that this is the time that hopefully we break through.”
ChicagoSun-Times: Jonathan Toews practices with team again but is playing it safe

More on Toews:

-ESPNChicago: Jonathan Toews practices with team
-ChicagoTribune: Toews optimistic about progress

Other links: Tweedledum without Tweedledee

-Kane: “It kind of takes you aback a little bit. But you’re just reading quotes. You’re not hearing him say it firsthand, so who knows what he really meant or how he really said it. But you definitely can take a lot from it.”
ChicagoSun-Times: Blackhawks fired up by shots from Predators coach Barry Trotz

-Kane: “Hopefully we’ll prove him wrong tomorrow and show him his words weren’t true.”
DailyHerald: Hawks' Kane will be amped up

-Crawford: "I never got down on myself. I just kept playing. The season's not over after one game where you have a bad start or it wasn't the best effort that you can give. You've just got to come back the next game and worry about what you've got to do to win a hockey game."
NHL.com: Crawford works through struggles, regains place in Hawks' net

-WashingtonTimes: Host families give young London Knights a home away from home

No comments:

Post a Comment